  From: Edward Przybylek
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:41 AM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Mailbox Post

    Hi Ron,

  You're right about the big box stores not carrying large diameter metal
  pipe. I called Home Depot and Lowes and the best they could do is a 6 foot
  length of metal pipe. Both places suggested going to a plumbing supply
  house. One gentleman suggested using a PVC pipe filled with concrete. He
  said he replaced his mailbox post with PVC and it's working out really well.
  Unless I hear some good reasons from the list not to take this approach, I'm
  planning on using his idea. Thanks.

  Take care,

  Ed