The line from that tube may of got plumbed out of the hot and into the cold.
I know when my dad and uncle put a new hot water tank in. they
plumbed it backwards. Ever line on the hot got good pressure, but the
bathroom sink. Even the tub was good. they never knew why the sink
just dribbled. When i put another hot water tank in. i plumbed it the
right way, and every line in the house got good pressure from hot.
Now who would figure out of three hot lines only one would dribble.

At 08:10 AM 9/12/2009, you wrote:

>Folks, I was visiting my grandmother last week and she was telling me
>about a problem she has been having. There are two bathrooms in her
>house and apparently one of the bath tubs has no hot water. She said
>there is water coming out of that side of the fixture, but it's only
>cold. Now I haven't gone to look at this because apparently my
>cousin's husband is a plumber, but it is unlikely he'll get to it any
>time soon. So, of course I'm really curious about the problem. The
>house is one level on a slab and a year or two back she had a
>humidifier installed, which she seems to think is the problem, but I
>doubt this, unless they installed a valve in the line that could
>interrupt the flow of water to that bathroom, but then there just
>wouldn't be any water at all if the valve was closed. So, surely it
>can't be a valve issue because again, if the valve anywhere in the
>line was closed, then you would have no water flow. My uncle who was a
>plumber mainly doing sprinkler systems for commercial buildings etc.
>wasn't even sure what the problem may be. So, I thought I'd toss the
>idea at you good people and see what ideas may flow.
>I know this isn't much info, but can't hurt to generate some thoughts.
>
>tnx,

Tim
trouble
Verizon FIOS support tech