  From: Betsy Whitney
  To: blindhandyman-yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:28 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] tough braillable materials?

    Aloha Matt,
  They still make braillables which are those sticky backed sheets, but
  when the backing is removed, they aren't as durable as the thin
  thermoform paper. However, I do have some heavy clear plastic
  material that I use to make covers for the documents that my company
  produces. I buy them from a company called
  Southwest Plastics, but if all you want is 25 or so of them, I have
  some that have 1 line of braille on them that were errors. They
  measure 8-1/2 by 11, or 9 by 11.
  They are all 19 hole punched along one long side. I use a paper
  cutter to make 3 by 5 and 4 by 6 cards for addresses and the like
  that I really want to keep, but I have more than I need.
  I use a good-old-fashioned braille writer to braille them.
  Betsy