Jim,
I know the anti-wd40 folks will scream it won't last and collects dust etc.
but I've found it works fine for cleaning switches etc.

Contact cleaner would be the more conventional stuff, but the armeture of the
relay may actually be sticking as well as having dirty contacts so WD40
will probably do fine.

I assume you can get into the box and actually spray the relay its self.
Power off whilst doing it of course

Tom Fowle