Lenny,
It makes me wonder what's in that flavoring!

I would not try repairing the container for food purposes, you'd end up with
sand embedded in the surface as well as flavoring.

It's much better for coffee flavor to freeze it in the bean and grind what
you will use each day.

I've always wondered about the permiability of plastics when used for
vaccuum storage, I doubt they're that gas tight.

tom Fowle