Greetings,

You know, I have been a do-it-yourselfer for years now, and I find
myself right smack in the middle of this spectrum. On the one hand,
I can do a lot of my own plumbing, basic carpentry, rudimentary
electronics, auto mechanics, taking care of livestock, computer
maintenance, cooking and basic home repair, which is a highly
generalized term indeed. However, I am not in the same league as
some of you cats, from whom I am learning a lot by merely reading
your posts. On the other hand, I some times need to hire sighted
assistance.

For instance, I had to pay to have a new roof put on our home back
in October. It is a white metal roof, which should reflect some of
this Florida heat come next summer. I've heard lots of good things
about white metal roofs lately, so I believe it was worth the
$3,750. I don't know how to use a weed-eater and otherwise mow the
lawn, so I am buying a riding mower and intend to hire someone to
do that. That is unless some of you mow your own loans and don't
mind telling a fellow how you go about doing it.

The idea of not knowing how to work on a kitchen spigot is
inconceivable and downright disturbing to me. Talk about learned
helplessness. Then too, there are the misguided perceptions of much
of the sighted world, that assume by default that this sort of
thing is par-for-course.

Bright Blessings,
RiverWind

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.

My Website http://www.shellworld.net/~riverwind
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/