I know this question is right up the alley of some of you guys.  I want to make
some simple wooden cut outs of different figures for my kids and some others.
I want them to be flat and I guess a silhouette is the shape I am thinking of
for a horse, elephant, and maybe some people shaped like gingerbread men.
Simple is what I am going for.  How do you all recommend I go about this?

I have been told that it is simple and can be done with simple tools by someone
who can see the outline to cut on.  I do not want to ask someone to do this for
me if it is harder than I am thinking.  I am then going to put rods through and
connect wheels for them.  I will also probably paint them a simple color and
then let the kids do the details however they want.  I might also cut out felt
pieces for the horse barding and baby blankets, I have not decided yet.  The
idea is for a simple and frugal home made gift.  I was planning to use salt
dough for the figures, but a friend pointed out how easy the wood might be.

Jennifer