Interesting!

I think I would choose other methods of warming the bedroom in your place.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan & Terrie Robbins
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 7:52 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Insulated Basement?

  Claudia,

  Yes. The cooler and more drafts that are in a basement or crawl space will
  make the floors and/or rooms immediately above them feel cooler. In our home
  which is a raised ranch with the garage immediately under the bedroom it is
  the coolest room in the house. Prior to putting insulated garage doors in it
  was very cool. After we replaced them with Garaga steel insulated doors and
  buttoned up other drafts the bedroom was warmer.

  Al