andrew you bring up a good pont about the power of some of the
professional   drain / pipe cleaners. the other thing to remember is
never ever mix brands or types of cleaner. that also happened to us in a
previous apartment building. I had used  Drano crystals and several
hours later some liquid plumber. wow what a mess to cean up from the
back  blow. Lee