From: Rick Hume
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] drain cleaners

It is my experience that you want to be careful when using chemicals to
clean drains. Many of today's chemicals are quite toxic and can actually
damage your plumbing. It is best to attempt clearing a drain by using a
plunger or plumbing snake. Often, removing and cleaning the trap can fix the
problem. A plumbing snake will almost always clear the problem. I use a
snake that allows for attaching a drill. It'll clean her out like new!