Hi

Good article on fillers found here.

http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/fillers.shtml

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Kevin Doucet
Sent: Wednesday, 6 January 2010 8:18 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] question about wood filler

Hi list,

I have a part of a piano which has a place on the edge of the fall
board, "part of the piano which closes and covers the keys" that has
broken away. This is at a screw whole.

I will need to build this place up with some sort of wood filler or
plastic wood or something then re drill a screw whole. Now this
filled in place will be visible when the "fall board" is raised.

So my question, or two questions are;

1. what do I need to fill in this place to be strong enough to drill
a pilot whole and put a screw in?

2. Will touch up pencels work to cover the newly replaced surface,
allowing I can get the right color of touch up pencel or pencels? I
know touch up penceles work on real wood but what about on wood fillers?
I am about to run out. I have a ride coming, so, if you can respond
quickly I would appreciate it.

Thanks.