Lenny,
One of my favorite features on my current microwave is the levels.
I can thaw for 30 minutes, warm for 2 minutes and give it a blast of high
for 30 seconds by programming power and time for three levels and then
walk away.
Mine also has a simple timer, in that I set it to power level #1 which is
no power and can use that as a timer, or a spacer when programming.
Can your panasonic do this? The Hamilton Beach is capable of just 2 levels
of programming BTW.
Thanks