  From: Dan Rossi
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:00 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Rigid insulation and termites.

  Alan,

  Good question. I doubt I will want to put drywall on the wall since that
  would make it pretty heavy to move. Possibly though.

  So, maybe paneling?

  Bob, thanks I can always count on you to egg me on. Since this isn't a
  structural wall or anything, just a facade, I think I can make some light
  frames with the insulation captured in the frame, then maybe just a light
  paneling covering it. Thanks for the thought of hinging it at the top,
  that hadn't occurred to me.

  Spiro, according to the article I read on buildingScience.com termite
  barriers are copper sheeting or a stainless steel mesh. Also, the usual
  antitermite precautions like aggregate for two feet from the foundation
  wall, or two feet of overhanging eves, and a 5% grade away from the house
  for lanscaping, and a 2% grade for any cement or other hardscaping. No
  plants or organic mulch within two feet of the house. Blah blah blah.
  Basically, keep the area directly adjacent to the house as dry as
  possible.

  --
  Blue skies.
  Dan Rossi