Tom, I bought 2 blank cartridges from Independent
Living Aids while they still had them in
stock.  For me, they are much easier to use and I
don't have to worry about a thumb drive sticking
out of the side of the player.  When 2 gig
cartridges become available, I may buy those.  It
is all a matter of personal choice.  The drives
are cheaper but the cartridges are more convenient.

earlier, Tom Hodges, wrote:

>Never heard them called Thumb drives I’ve heard them called memory sticks.
>Sam’s Club also sells them in a package of about five or six. Can’t
>remember the price.
>
>I down load the book from the website onto my computer, then down load that
>to the memory stick in my USB port, then unplug the memory stick from the
>computer and plug it into the digital player’s USB port, on the right side
>of the player. I never use the cartridge that can be mailed to you, since
>the books can be downloaded. Those cartridges are for those without a
>computer. They’re mailed out just like the cassette tapes were mailed.
>Then, you have to mailed them back when you are finished with them. You
>can’t use them to re cord anything.

John
Currently in Ocala, Florida Mostly Cloudy, 66°F Wind:SSE-160° at 8mph
Men are like coolers...load them with beer and you can take them anywhere.
Created by Weather Signature v1.31 • http://www.weathersig.com