Hi Sheryl

Try here for irrigation information the answers are at the bottom

http://www.dripirrigation.ca/faq.asp

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Sheryl Nelson
Sent: Monday, 8 February 2010 12:41 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Irrigation system

Aloha again from Sheryl,
I am trying to put in an irrigation system in my small but pleasant
yard. The water pressure is not to high. Should there be a minimum
amount of pressure like gallons per minute? If so what should that
number be? I am using 3/4 inch pvc pipe, the connector at the main
line by where my water meter is is also 3/4 inch, I have between 900
and 1,000 square feet and plan to put 2 lines with 4 heads off each
line. Each line is approximately 35 to 40 feet long with the heads
being open around 180 degrees give or take a little. Each line will
be connected to a different faucet which will have a splitter on it
so the faucet can still be used for other things. Is there a way to
connect the system to the main line from where my water is hooked in
to the city line or does that even matter? I was thinking that if we
put a split or second connector where the main line comes to my
property on my property of course by the water meter that might be
better than connecting the system at the faucet. I recall a number of
55 something the plumber told me which had to do with water pressure.
Sorry don't know what that number needs.
Thank you for any help you can give. Aloha Sheryl