  From: Lenny McHugh
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:15 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] candle powered electric light

  Well, I just had Karen watch it again. I do not think that I can make the
  illusion. The candles are the 3 inch diameter. They are placed on a wooden
  table. I think that I know how it is done. The clue was when he blew out
  the candles the bulb also went out. There was a suttle move at the same time
  where he reached under the table. What I suspect is that he has a conductor
  inserted into the candles and the nails make contact. There are probably
  fine nails through the wooden table that the candles set upon. and the
  batteries and the circuit is completed under the table. I would not be able
  to duplicate because when I do any demonstrations I do no longer take my
  magic stand. that could be modified but I no longer do long shows only one
  or two illusions during a talk. If I were to try to imitate that I would use
  a foot switch. So no one could see my hand going under the table. It is a
  great trick