And don't draw more than half an amp because the voltage will drop off
significantly.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ray Boyce
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 2:03 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Output valtage from a USB

  Hi Max

  USB voltage:

  Supplied voltage by a host or a powered hub ports is between 4.75 V and 5.25
  V. Maximum voltage drop for bus-powered hubs is 0.35 V from its host or hub
  to the hubs output port. All hubs and functions must be able to send
  configuration data at 4.4 V, but only low-power functions need to be working
  at this voltage. Normal operational voltage for functions is minimum 4.75 V.

  Found here

  http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml