From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of lvmumford
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:00 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] re: update on sealing tile

Here's an update to the message I posted about a week ago on whether or not
to seal the new tile to be installed in our home. We are also having
Laticrete electric radiant heat mats installed underneath the tiles. The
Laticrete technician who was at our house on Thursday with our contractor to
look over the job suggested that we use epoxy grout. He said it would
eliminate the need for sealing and that it is used for commercial projects
because it's very stain resistant, and doesn't need sealing or resealing. He
said in the past epoxy grout was difficult to apply and was very expensive
but that the epoxy grout on the market nowadays (the Laticrete one anyway)
is much easier to use and is cost effective.

Linda