We were lucky to get one with the old fashon dial on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Andrus <dave.and...@blindmission.org>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:39 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] washing machines cycles

Hi Brice,

 Kenmore is made by World Pool. Both are very good machines. We have had
 both.

 We purchase a World Pool about four years ago. We meaning my sighted wife
 and I looked at a lot of wash machines. We learned that almost all the
 machines on the market now take longer in their cycles to wash the clothes.
 This is part of the water savings steps use: less water, longer cycles. Its
 true with almost all of them. Its something we learned that we just have to
 get use to.

 A side not, My wife liked the Maytag but it was a visual screen to select
 the cycle. I couldn't use it. The Kenmore front load we found had both a
 visual screen and preselect buttons. My wife likes to adjust the cycles
 depending on the load of clothes she is doing. The buttons with the preselct
 cycles I could use.

 The buttons are in a flower paddern with the center of the flower being the
 start button. There are eight buttons around the center start button. Press
 the cycle you want and then the center button to start. It was very very
 easy to use--not that she lets me do any wash. Its more of the thing of
 future safty. I pointed out to her if she sprained an ankel and be laid up
 for a week, I'd have to be able to run the washer. She agreed.

 Dave A.

 Working together, sharing the light of salvation seen through the cross of
 Jesus

 Rev. Dave Andrus, Director
 Lutheran Blind Mission
 888 215 2455