Actually I would disagree on the internal verses external antennas in all
cases. I can only speak from experience with my Apple routers, but they all
have internal antennas and they work extremely well. In fact I have one down in
the basement and I can get a signal on the second floor of the house, despite
the metal ductwork and other stuff in the way. Sure the signal is not 100%, but
it was not even with the Linksys that has external antennas. Of course I am
only referring to my experience since I have not used any routers other than
Apple's routers with internal antennas.