This is a really good idea.  Scrap metal is a booming business these days.

Jennifer

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Franklin
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Freakin termites.

  Dan, most of the old cast iron radiators that I have seen, were cast in
sections which were bolted together top and bottom with long threaded rods with
a nut on each end. To separate the sections and lighten the load all you have
to do is remove or knock off the nuts and slip out the rods. Another solution
might be to call a scrap iron dealer who might be happy to come to your home
and hall away the pig for the value of the iron.

  Paul Franklin