  From: Alan & Terrie Robbins
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 11:54 AM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Building stairs.

  Dan,

  This sounds like a neat idea Dale had but also sounds like a lot more work
  and tinkering. Probably if time is not a premium I would consider but that
  has to take a lot of time doing all the setup & dadoing. Personally I'd go
  with the precut stringer or your idea of a two by four and then nail or
  screw to that. I don't see where the dadoing thing would be stronger.
  Granted it may look better or more professional but again it is the trade
  off with time. Just my two cents

  al