  From: Lenny McHugh
  To: handyman-blind
  Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:53 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] How to Remove Water Ring Stains on Fine Wood
Furniture eHow.com.htm

  How to Remove Water Ring Stains on Fine Wood Furniture | eHow.comHas anyone
used this procedure? The other night I had a stemmed glass with ice and some
white wine. The glass was sweating and left a ring on one of the tables. Karen
was going to purchase a guardsman water ring removal system and I found this
information.

  From ehow.com water rings on fine wood furniture

  How to Remove Water Ring Stains on Fine Wood Furniture

  Who knew - the wonder's of mayonnaise - full flavor and all the fat please -
easily removes water rings on your good furniture - we have used this trick for
years - and it really works fantastically...no need to re-stain your
grandmother's antiques...

  Difficulty: Easy

  Instructions

  Things You'll Need:
  a.. full fat mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons
  b.. couple of paper towels
  c.. 6-12 hours wait time
  1.. Step 1
  Locate ring from leaving your favorite ice tea or other cold drink that has
now left a water mark on your Grandmother's passed down antique table top.

  Grab full fat mayonnaise (miracle whip OK too here folks) and spread 2
tablespoons of mayonnaise covering water ring like you would a BLT sandwich.

  2.. Step 2
  Gently place paper towel over water ring and slabbed on mayo - it's more to
remind you that the mayonnaise is there than anything else while keeping the
area moist.

  3.. Step 3
  We normally leave the mayonnaise on overnight, but by 6 hours, wipe clean and
voila, water ring is removed.

  4.. Step 4
  Why does this work, you ask? The fat in the mayonnaise gently gets reabsorbed
into the wax in the wood thereby removing water ring mark and leaving you and
your favorite antique table top looking fantastic...

  This is great in the summer when people forget to use coasters under their
iced drinks...

database 5175 (20100605) __________

  http://www.eset.com

database 5175 (20100605) __________