Looking for some opinion before I replace the surface boards
on our 12 by 16 exterior deck. I will be using the pressure
treated premium decking which they refer to as a five
quarter by six. The actual finished width is about 5 and a
half inches. Anyway after I get done removing the old, which
I may say is no small task as many of the Phillips screws
are counter sunk and of course stripped. So one question is
maybe somebody has some novel ideas on removing them that I
have not thought of? All ideas welcome. My question on the
new boards is to minimize cupping over the years do you
think its over kill to use 3 deck screws per joist rather
than the way it is now with 2?

thanks
Al