From: Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] making a cat house

Aloha Lenny,
Is this supposed to be a house for the cat to stay inside? I just
wonder because if it can get out, it will probably continue to
scratch it's favorite furniture anyway. I have found that having more
than one scratching post works well, and you put them in front of the
things you don't want them to scratch. A little catnip on the
scratching post gets their attention.
I also think a person has to be diligent about removing them from
things that are not appropriate to scratch. It takes some doing, but
it's worth it in the long run. Some of my friends have used a squirt
gun to shoot them when they are doing in appropriate scratching, but
my aim isn't that good.
Betsy