From: "Dan Rossi" <d...@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: "Blind Handyman List" <BlindHandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:37 PM
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Painting a tin roof.

Anyone have experience painting a tin roof?  My porch roof is tin and is
need of a little TLC.  Everything I've read so far basically says:

Scrape or sand,
thoroughly wash with soap or TSP,
dry,
prime,
paint two coats.

Any recommendation or disrecommendation for paints to use?

My neighbor just painted his porch roof and is now offering to paint
everyone's porch roof, for a fee.  I think his fee is too high, and he did
some cursory scraping of loose rust and peeling paint, didn't wash, didn't
prime, and used one coat of rustoleum paint.  I don't think that will hold
up, but I'm no painter.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi