Are you replacing the 4x4s? If so they make a nice metal cleat that you
screw to the bottom and it sits on the block. I used them on my back porch
roof supports and have not had any problem in over 30 years.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan & Terrie Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>
To: "Blindhandyman" <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:08 PM
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Cement block footings

I have a small seven by seven deck/porch that is attached to
the back of my house. We access it via sliding glass doors.
It was here when we purchased the house in 1985 but my guess
is it has been  there since the house was built in 1975.  On
the one side it is attached to the house via the end joist.
The other side or side furthest from the house is supported
by two four by fours, one on each corner. These were never
sunk into the ground and cemented but rather just set on a
cement block even with the surface of the ground. My
question is do they sell any type preformed block say 1 foot
cube with a pre formed cut out or attachment for a four by
four?

thanks
Al

blindhandyman-ow...@yahoogroups.com