  From: Tom Vos
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 3:42 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] A sanding idea

  I've enjoyed my belt sander for a long time. But it doesn't work well for
  small stuff, or long thin strips.

  So I built a platform on which I can mount the sander on its side, and
  clamped down with a couple long bolts, wing nuts and a bar over the top.

  I have a platform that I can raise and lower a bit in front of the belt.

  I've designed mine to fit on top of my router stand. I can easily take it
  off and store it away.

  This makes some sanding chores much easier, and allows me to remove quite a
  bit of material from small pieces when necessary.

  Blessings,

  Tom