Hi,

After 8 Years, my Oreck upright vacuum has died.
I was using it today, feeling so proud of myself because I'd been actually
moving the furniture and vacuuming behind it, and all of a sudden, it stopped.
I smelled no burning rubber, nothing felt out of the usual.  I thought that
maybe, I may have inadvertently pulled the cord out of the outlet, but that
wasn't the case.  I tried it in several outlets of the home, and nothing
happened.
Guess the motor went out possibly?

On another note, I ordered a new Oreck Cannister vac from QVC, and I'm not
really liking it.  It doesn't seem to pick up as well, as our original
cannister vac.  And, the pieces don't seem to fit tightly enough because the
hose keeps disloding from the unit, or the handle dislodges from the hose.  It
drives me insane.

You may be wondering why we have two Orecks;  we bought them as a set, the
upright, cannister & cordless iron, and we've liked them a great deal.

Now, I've been looking online at QVC, and there are several Oreck uprights
there, but I just can't figure out which one will be the best.  I like the
lightweight feature of the Oreck upright, as I have a good deal of house to
cover!
There is an Oreck set that includes an upright, cannister vac & cordless iron,
for $549.
The premice is that this upright vac is super quiet, but that's a lot of money.
 The one drawback to our current Oreck upright is that it is loud.

What to do, what to do!

Claudia

Windows Messenger:  cdelreal1...@sbcglobal.net
Skype:  claudiadr10