From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dan Rossi
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:07 PM
To: bhm
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] refrigerator on timer

Lenny,

So, if you are considering just saving some money, how much does a timer
cost VS how much will you save in electricity? I mean, a fridge can't
cost more than 6 or 8 bucks a month to run, and you would save less than a
third of that. OK, so maybe you would save 20 or 30 bucks a year which
would probably recover the cost of the timer in a year or so.

I assume you aren't doing this to save energy, because having a second
refrigerator is not really an energy saver to begin with.

Hmm, can you disconnect the frost free system? Don't know if that is
possible or not, but might save as well.

What about selling it, and purchasing a newer, more efficient, smaller
fridge? Which would probably consume less energy than the larger older
fridge even with the timer scheme.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi