Drywall and jiprock or sheet rock are the same thing.

Filling holes depends a little on the nature of the holes. If they don't go
right through then you just spread and force the mud right over the hole. You
may need to spread a thin layer of plaster and embed paper tape into it to give
better strength if it is badly cracked. If the hole goes through there are a
number of different methods used depending on the size of the hole.

You may be able to just stuff some wadded paper in there and work plaster over
it, you might work some adhesive tape to the back side of the jiprock with
enough exposed sticky to hold a little paper to form a base enough to apply
layers of the plaster mud allowing to dry as you build up the hole.

Large holes may require you to cut a square out, screw some strips of wood onto
the back side with screws through the board on the front overlapping enough to
allow you to cut a filler piece and screw it into the strips of wood then apply
a thin layer of plaster around the cracks and press paper tape firmly into the
sticky mud before plastering over the lot including filling the screw holes.
This usually takes a couple of applications because the plaster shrinks as it
dries and the screw holes reappear through the first couple of applications.
The paper tape is used to reinforce the cracks otherwise the shrinking plaster
will form cracks which become visible.

Many people now prefer the adhesive mesh tape. this is stronger but it is also
thicker and I don't much like using it because it takes a lot more plaster to
build up and hide the stuff and I find the lump left behind unacceptable. It
isn't bad along the formed edges of drywall where there is a bit of a valley
but across the ends and other butt joints requires more work than I like to do.

You sand smooth and paint.

Hope this helps.

Dale leavens.