Thank you for your rapid response, Yoav. Indeed I'm working on the spec
draft (for signals and developers), a demo (to facilitate obtaining
developer interest), and we have been soliciting interest in this feature
in several places. This feature has obtained some positive attention from
the hls.js community already due to the potential reduction in transmux
steps to play HLS mpeg2-ts content in MSE.

I'll reply further on this thread once I have stronger signals, soon I
expect.

Thanks,
Matt