On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 12:35 PM Yoav Weiss <yoavwe...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Thanks Anne and Thomas for the cross-browser context.
>
> Anupam - looking at the issue Anne posted, it seems Firefox explicitly did
> not implement this.
> I think it'd be interesting to get their opinions as to why, and whether we
> should align with the current WebKit behavior or the current Chromium one.
>
> Anne - do y'all want to chime in here, or would a standards position issue be
> the best venue?

There is an existing issue:
https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/89. The problem
we are having in evaluating all this is that there isn't really any
specification to speak of, as I tried to point out. One can take
guesses as to what the expected behavior is likely to be, but that is
very far from ideal and normally not even close to acceptable, right?