Discussing amongst the API owners (Alex, Daniel, Rego and myself), this is
essentially a request for a gapless OT, only that the would-be-gap is
slightly longer than usual. Given the evidence
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/kwC5wES3I4c/m/2WxYhllhAAAJ?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 of
developer feedback presented in the I2S, that seems like a reasonable
request.

LGTM1 (as gapless OT requests require 3 LGTMs)