Hi all,

Another update: based on the feedback we received from TAG as previously
mentioned, we decided to remove the abortReason from
WritableStreamDefaultController which was initially proposed, and instead
add an "abort reason" property
<https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#abortsignal-abort-reason> to AbortSignal
which was specced in https://github.com/whatwg/dom/pull/1027. Related to
this on the interface side, the static AbortSignal.abort()
<https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-abortsignal-abort> as well as the
AbortController.abort()
<https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-abortcontroller-abort> now take an
optional reason argument. Gecko and WebKit folks and some developers have
also expressed implementer's interest on the PR, and some have gone on to
update their browser implementation/polyfills already.

This was also integrated into the Streams standard in
https://github.com/whatwg/streams/pull/1182. (FYI: the AbortSignal API is
connected to various different standards, so there is also an ongoing
effort to update those affected specs as well here
<https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/1030>.)

I would like to resume the intent process based on these updates. Please
let me know if you have any questions or thoughts.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nidhi

[image: Google Logo]