Thanks Ali. It's also useful to have a look at https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/e3pZJu96g6c/m/X9HcrSkVAgAJ for the high-level plan, in addition to the timelines post <https://blog.chromium.org/2021/09/user-agent-reduction-origin-trial-and-dates.html> which has timelines attached to it.

A 13 milestone timeline is pretty long, but our intention is to give the ecosystem sufficient time for migration work. The breakdown looks like so (summarizing the above links):

M100: launch deprecation trial 1 milestone ahead of first "reduction" phase, in case a site needs minor version and hasn't migrated to UA-CH yet.
M101: reduce MINOR.BUILD.PATCH to "0.0.0"
M107: reduce rest of Desktop UA
M110: reduce rest of Mobile UA
M113: end deprecation trial, giving an extra buffer of 3 months in case it's needed.

I believe most sites won't need 13 milestones to be ready, but we know some large sites have very long release cycles and it seems worthwhile to offer the extra time given the scope of the proposed changes.