LGTM3 - agree with Mike

On 2/11/22 5:17 AM, Yoav Weiss wrote:
LGTM2 under the same conditions, for one last extension here.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:14 AM Mike West <mk...@chromium.org> wrote:

    Hey Emanuel,

    API owners discussed this intent this week and the week before,
    with a fair amount of skepticism around the length of the
    experimentation (April 2021 (90) - May 2022 (101)), and the value
    of continuing this experiment in light of what looks like
    reasonable alignment from our colleagues in WebKit and Gecko on
    the Access Handles proposal which y'all are working through in
    parallel. With that in mind, the best path forward would be to let
    this experiment expire rather than extending it. Unfortunately, it
    appears that some miscommunication led a partner to begin relying
    on this API in ways that make it difficult for us to simply remove
    support. This puts us in a bit of a pickle.

    I'd like to ensure that we don't end up in this situation again in
    3 months if we extend this OT to give the partner time to migrate
    off of Storage Foundation. I think we have solid commitments from
    them that they'll be able to shift onto Access Handles in the
    timeframe we're discussing, and I think we can strengthen that
    encouragement by allowing them to extend their OT tokens once, and
    then disabling new signups for the OT to ensure that new partners
    don't accidentally land on this instead of Access Handles. That's
    a compromise that seems to me to minimize the incremental risk of
    burn-in, while allowing us to remove this API from the platform
    without user-visible breakage. But it's an unusual extension, so I
    don't think a single LGTM is sufficient to approve it.

    LGTM1 to extend the trial to 101 _and_ disable new signups or
    renewals. Ideally, the partner can complete their migration before
    101, in which case we can end the trial earlier. I'd appreciate
    other API owners weighing in.

    -mike

    On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 4:55 PM Emanuel Krivoy