Hi Team,

Earliar chromium browser was displaying an error message as
*document.domain* is going to deperecated in *M106*. Now I can not see this
message and in some blogs postpone to *M109*. Could you confirm on this -
when does this actually would enabled and in which version. It would be
great if you could share dates for better planning to mitigate this very
high risk in our platform.

On Monday, 23 May 2022 at 18:06:08 UTC+5:30 Daniel Vogelheim wrote:

> [...]
>>> will use origin-keyed agent clusters for all (non-opted out) origins,
>>> without changing how many processes Chromium creates. Over time, we can
>>> then adapt Chromium's isolation strategy towards origin-keyed processes
>>> without further affecting web-visible behaviour.The developer-visible
>>> aspect of this is that for pages with origin-keyed agent clusters,
>>> document.domain is no longer settable. Thus, we have marked this intent as
>>> a deprecation.Note that this proposal is about the default. Both modes -
>>> site-keyed or origin-keyed agent clusters - remain available to any site,
>>> but origin-keyed agent clusters change from opt-in to opt-out. The current
>>> behaviour remains available by setting "Origin-Agent-Cluster: ?0".*Blink
>>> component
>>>

>>> *Blink>SecurityFeature*TAG review
>>>

>>> *https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/564
>>> <https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/564>(The thread is a bit
>>> unwieldy, but there do not seem to be open issues.)*Risks:
>>> Interoperability and Compatibility
>>>
>>> *No interoperability risks.*
>>>
>>> Compatibility risk exists, but is fairly small as document.domain is an
>>> already deprecated feature. We’ve detailed UKM metrics in place and are
>>> planning to reach out to top users as soon as we’ve LGTMs for the plan.
>>>

>>> Current usage of the document.domain: 0.05%
>>> <https://chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/2544> of
>>> page views rely upon document.domain to enable some cross-origin access
>>> that wasn't otherwise possible. 0.24%
>>> <https://chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/2543> of
>>> page views block same-origin access because only one side sets
>>> document.domain. Both counters can be found on
>>> https://deprecate.it/#document-domain, too.
>>>
>>> We’ve reached out in advance to 4 of the top current users - TL;DR Most
>>> of their use cases could be achieved already by different APIs e.g.
>>> Audio/video autoplay in iframes by adding the ‘autoplay’ attribute, support
>>> chat deployed across subdomains.
>>>

>>> Gecko: Standards position request
>>> <https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/601>.
>>> (Provisionally "worth prototyping", but is open for additional
>>> comments/opinions. Mozilla representatives also participated in the TAG
>>> discussion. No concrete implementation plans were given.
>>>
>>> WebKit:
>>> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2021-December/032067.html
>>> (No signals.)
>>>
>>> Web developers: No signals.
>>>
>>> Activation - Deprecation plan
>>> M98 - Add the devtools issue and warning incl. a web.dev blog post to
>>> guide adoption
>>>
>>> *M98-M100 - Monitor use counters and reach out to current usersM101 -
>>> Deprecate the feature by default. No reverse-origin trial is planned as the
>>> ‘Origin-Agent-Cluster’ http header can be used to gain access to the
>>> feature. SecurityThis change should be security-positive, since setting the
>>> document.domain will not have any impact on the origin of the document any
>>> more.*