1. Yes. The lack of implementation is one issue, but the relationship
between selectAudioOutput() and Web Audio API is not really specified or
documented.
2. Since AudioElement.setSinkId() has been used for years, we believe it
makes more sense to use the same pattern for its low-level counterpart -
Web Audio API's AudioContext. This approach is more specific and focused.