CC @Cheney Tsai <cheneyt...@google.com>, @Una Kravets
<unakrav...@google.com>, @Kadir Topal <kadirto...@google.com>

>From a DevRel perspective, the three questions in my mind are:

   - Are affected developers aware of the change?
      - I understand they were notified via a console warning / deprecation
      warning. It'd be great to get a sense of how effective the
      communication was (ie: has usage significantly decreased since the
      warnings?).
   - Have we given them enough time for developers to react to the change?
      - This is less about how complex a change is and more about ensuring
      developers can fit the change into their planning cycle (eg: quarterly
      OKRs) and avoiding generating unplanned/urgent work, if possible. It does
      seem to me the timelines described are short.
   - Are developers somehow blocked in implementing the change?
      - The change seems quite straightforward, but sometimes developers
      are blocked in surprising ways. Is there a channel developers can provide
      feedback on?

Andre