If you do not write or review web platform tests, you can skip this email.

Hello blink-dev,

TL;DR: There are .ini files under web_tests/external/wpt/ and
web_tests/wpt_internal/ you can ignore for now.

What are these files?

These files were added as part of an ongoing project to run web platform
tests in Chromium CQ/CI with wptrunner, the harness that ships with
web-platform-tests/wpt
<https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/tree/master/tools/wptrunner>.

Like baselines and TestExpectations, each .ini file corresponds to a test
and contains expectation data in the structured format wptrunner natively
understands. web-platform-tests.org
<https://web-platform-tests.org/tools/wptrunner/docs/expectation.html> and
the Chromium wptrunner user guide
<https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/HEAD/docs/testing/web_platform_tests_wptrunner.md#Expectations>
document the file format (named “WPT metadata”).

Do I need to update metadata files when making a change?

No, although these files are safe to add, modify, or remove. The WPT
importer
<https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/HEAD/docs/testing/web_platform_tests.md#Importing-tests>
will use try build results to keep these files up-to-date automatically.
These files are not upstreamed to the GitHub repository.

Do I still need to rebaseline or add TestExpectations for web platform
tests?

Yes. Because CQ and sheriffed CI still use run_web_tests.py, not wptrunner,
the workflow for landing web platform tests in chromium/src has not changed.

Thanks,

Jonathan (on behalf of Blink EngProd)