I don't see how Filament is relevant (it seems to be a physically-based
renderer for 3D models, not an environment for display presentation).

You can do without a window server using the Linux kernel's DRM subsystem
(see ui/ozone/platform/drm/) to directly render with Vulkan or OpenGL and
then present to the screen directly. Some more "embedded" devices use this
or a similar path.