Thanks for posting this Rick. One call-out that I think is worth mentioning
is the distinction between enabled-by-default flags and disabled-by-default
flags. The general guidelines for choosing between these is in the links
you posted, but given that it can be sometimes a subjective call it might
be worth clarifying in e.g. API owners feedback on a particular I2S. I
often see requests to flag guard a feature but sometimes it's ambiguous in
which direction.