We decided to ship font-variant-position without adding a metric measuring
whether the feature is applied against a correct font because of
difficulties determining a stable document state at the shaping level, for
details, see
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dYiljb9pJmWtEIulsse_jzxJwLh3F14Y_X6WbHfETXg/edit?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-6TIx4OqLWmKBuzv3yR-qRA
.