That sounds fine to me. Side question: would it be possible to treat shadowroot as a legacy alias of shadowrootmode, in case usage doesn't go down?

On 8/14/23 7:09 PM, Mason Freed wrote:
I'm checking back in on this deprecation thread. In the intervening 5 milestones, the use counter for the deprecated attribute <https://chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/3196> has unfortunately increased, rather than decreased. The old attribute is seen on 0.025% of page loads, just slightly more than the new shadowrootmode attribute <https://chromestatus.com/metrics/feature/timeline/popularity/4421> which is at 0.02%. I'm adding a UKM to look into which sites are the culprits, but I'd also like to start Finch-disabling the feature for a portion of Canary/Dev and maybe Beta users, to suss out problems and improve visibility of this deprecation to site owners. We're now about 3 months out from 119 (the target removal milestone) going to stable. Any objections?

Thanks,
Mason