LGTM1

On 8/23/23 2:11 PM, Mathias Bynens wrote:
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Proceeding as you described SGTM.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 7:41 PM Raphael Kubo da Costa <raphael.kubo.da.co...@intel.com> wrote:

    Thanks, Mathias.

    Mathias Bynens <math...@chromium.org> writes:
    > Question 1: Are they supportive of the Generic Sensor API?

    Officially, no. It has been quite a while since we last asked them
    though.

    See the discussion with Mozilla here:
    - https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/35
    and their corresponding standards position here:
    - https://mozilla.github.io/standards-positions/#generic-sensor

    WebKit didn't have a standards position tracker back then, but
    they did
    comment on the Mozilla issue above:
    -

https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/35#issuecomment-718365969

    We've been trying to address the concerns in the Devices and
    Sensors WG
    over the years and this will probably come up in some form at TPAC as
    well.

    With that said...

    > Question 2: Have they provided any signals on the proposed
    automation
    > endpoint?

    I have not asked them given the above (and Apple is not part of
    the WG,
    so it's also hard to ask for feedback on any specifics of the new
    text).
    Personally, I'd like to do a few things before discussing this API
    with
    WebKit and Mozilla again:
    - Land these automation changes to remove the semi-dependency on Mojo
      from the web tests so that it's a lot easier for other
    implementations
      to test their code.
    - Sort out any permission-related issues the spec might have (although
      this is more of an implementation issue, with the Generic
    Sensors and
      Device Orientation APIs in Blink not asking for permission by
    default
      at the moment).
    - Figure out if the Device Orientation spec (which all engines
      implement) itself needs to be more tightly coupled with the Generic
      Sensor API, at least for automation, for it to be testable in an
      interoperable way.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "blink-dev" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to blink-dev+unsubscr...@chromium.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CADizRgYkZ%3DH3qe8DKZdcm1bLqYnGCLFpyX%3DCBGCV%3DmTWG3EJZg%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CADizRgYkZ%3DH3qe8DKZdcm1bLqYnGCLFpyX%3DCBGCV%3DmTWG3EJZg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.