Transparency serves a bunch of different goals, as described in
https://w3ctag.github.io/privacy-principles/#transparency, and the
most valuable aren't always to give an end-user more information while
they're trying to make a decision. I think the explainer is clear
enough in saying that its goal is "providing transparency to the
ecosystem" rather than to "provide information to users ... in
real-time".

It sounds like the team is open to evolving toward showing information
directly to end-users, but that decision should be based on something
we expect the users to do with that information in real time, rather
than on transparency in the abstract.

Jeffrey