Cool - thanks for the answers. LGTM3.

On 9/16/23 6:23 AM, Yoav Weiss wrote:
LGTM2

On Sat, Sep 16, 2023, 02:20 'Philip Rogers' via blink-dev <blink-dev@chromium.org> wrote:

    On Friday, September 15, 2023 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-7 Mike Taylor wrote:

        On 9/11/23 7:18 PM, Philip Rogers wrote:

        Contact emails p...@chromium.org

        Explainer None

        Specification
        https://www.w3.org/TR/css-shapes/#supported-basic-shapes

        Summary

        Support the xywh() and rect() values on clip-path, which make
        it easier to specify rectangular or rounded-rectangular clips.

        Blink component Blink>Paint

<https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?q=component:Blink%3EPaint>

        Motivation

        None

        Initial public proposal None

        TAG review None
        Do you know if the TAG has reviewed this spec at all?

    The TAG reviewed object-view-box (tag review
    <https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/740>) which also
    supports these <basic-shape> values. These values are also
    supported on other existing properties, such as offset-path.

        TAG review status Not applicable

        Risks

        Interoperability and Compatibility

        Low: this has shipped in Firefox.

        /Gecko/: Shipped/Shipping

        /WebKit/: No signal
        Could we request a signal please?
        https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/new/choose

    This should now be "WebKit: Shipping".
    I didn't know it at the time I sent this intent, but WebKit was
    actively working on this feature too, and just landed these
    changes (see 一丝's reply, above). I've updated the chromestatus
    entry to note that this landed in WebKit.

        /Web developers/: Positive
        (https://github.com/web-platform-tests/interop/issues/148)

        /Other signals/:

        WebView application risks

        Does this intent deprecate or change behavior of existing
        APIs, such that it has potentially high risk for Android
        WebView-based applications?

        None

        Debuggability

        This is debuggable with existing basic CSS tooling.

        Is this feature fully tested by web-platform-tests

<https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/docs/testing/web_platform_tests.md>?
        Yes

        Flag name on chrome://flags None

        Finch feature name ClipPathXYWHAndRect

        Requires code in //chrome? False

        Tracking bug https://crbug.com/1481015

        Estimated milestones Shipping on desktop 119 Shipping on
        Android 119 Shipping on WebView 119

        This intent message was generated by Chrome Platform Status
        <https://chromestatus.com/>.
        Google Groups "blink-dev" group.
        it, send an email to blink-dev+...@chromium.org.

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CAJgFLLvZuwE_Bqf8DkKoV8CZTwts8H_7ZdtjECp2cVgAx71Pow%40mail.gmail.com