LGTM3

/Daniel

On 2023-10-02 23:16, Mike Taylor wrote:

LGTM2, can you also please request reviews for the other categories in chromestatus (and file any relevant issues in the compat spec, if needed)?

On 9/28/23 1:16 PM, Daniil Sakhapov wrote:
Sure, I'm saying that old -webkit-background-clip works with keywords: border, content, padding. The new one - background-clip works with border-box, content-box, padding-box. So, per compat spec -webkit-background-clip should be alias to background-clip. But since the keywords are different, in order to handle round trip better (e.g. setting -webkit-background-clip to content would read back content-box, as it's an alias to background-clip), we want to drop support of old keywords without -box for -webkit-background-clip. To see how bad that would we've set up use counters. The biggest one is 0.08%. I've manually checked 80% of the websites reported by that use counter, but found that all of them use *-box keywords, and only one uses -webkit-background-clip: content.
So I think it's safe to remove support for old keywords.
Hope it's more clear now.