On 10/19/23 03:41, TAMURA, Kent wrote:

        Specification

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ruby-1/#ruby-display
        Summary

It seems you're listing a subset of values, which makes me wonder what differences you would be introducing between Blink's behavior and the behavior described in the specs (if any)?

        TAG review

None; Firefox already shipped this.

Firefox shipped a complete implementation of the ruby box model, so it's a bit different from what you're proposing.
/Gecko/: Shipped/Shipping

/WebKit/: Positive (https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/232)

WebKit's position is also against the whole spec...

I think it would be important to understand how Blink's proposed implementation might differ from the spec and from Firefox's implementation, particularly in terms of the box model and layout structures it generates for various ruby markup patterns.

Also, CSS Ruby Layout is quite complicated, do you have a prototype already? I didn't see an Intent to Prototype come through earlier. I think it would be a good idea to evaluate the quality of the implementation and any differences with Firefox before approving an intent to ship. At least, if I were in charge, I would want to...

~fantasai